Friday, October 31, 2014

When you Stop Posting in your Journal or Blog or Community for a while

This might be a long story. Please just stop if you won't read it until the last period or not interested. You might just miss some good stories though.

OK. That was a long post title. I planned to just use That was a Real Hiatus as a title for this blog post, but I decided to copy the meaning of hiatus en toto, instead. It could be a real change. So, yes, titles for my blog posts starting today will be a meter long.


I cannot remember the last time I wrote, even the four-liners that I usually post in my tumblr account. In the past weeks, friends have been telling me that this was a good blog, that I write well, that I should share and write more. Oh, that was the best compliment I could ever receive. BUT I know, believe me or still believe me, I know nothing about writing. I am humble enough.

There are many reasons why, after thousands of seconds computing variances and bullshits, I collected enough mana to write this. One, I had no exams for tomorrow. Two, my room smells good, and it's clean. Three, I enjoyed forty minutes of watching people eat their dinner. Four, I received something I will explain further on the next paragraphs. And five, I just miss doing this.


(Save...continue writing) Just made sure that this will not be a vain attempt.

Academics and University Life


So after a year of an easy but tiring life of being a freshie and two more years of being confident that I will not lose my mind, I proved that I am already getting older. I have met enough professors and friends. I have entered classes for a hundreds of times already. I have been tardy and late for several times, and have been absent three times. That being said, I still have to spend two, please not three, more years in the university.


I have received low grades more often than what I expected, but I still keep my head up high. I know I'm not even halfway of being a successful person, but I keep telling myself that I have to protect what I toiled for and be consistent in accomplishing set objectives.

I am attending  seven classes, 27 worth of units in total. So far, I can manage my time very well. I just wish I had more time for reading. I have one inactive prof and one angry. The others, needless to say, are normal.

Life became easier when the school made a bridge connecting the 8th floor and the upper ground level. Can you imagine? So when I'm already late for my 8:30 class, I don't need to dart down the mezzanine and climb up to the 8th floor.

Canteen prices are still inflated. Monopoly in the bookstore is still a thing to deal with. Table tennis tables are getting worse. Tables are repainted, assholes are vandalizing again. I found the library a good sleeping place. Retention policies were adjusted. I just bought a pad of paper after how many sems.

Hobbies and Recreations

Since the long vacation, I have to visit a bookstore yet. I've been very busy with studies that it never occurred to me the idea of going to the town to check or rummage books in a bookstore. The Racketeer book I bought in 2012 is still fresh and ready. I enjoyed reading the Sycamore Row for two months, and then closed my cabinet and never touched any of the novels inside.

I don't play DOTA anymore. League of Legends is the new thing. I play one or two games in a day, but only when I have time and there's no exam or quiz.

I got hooked on Clash of Clans. Every break, I stay in the lobby just to check how my base is doing. I've influenced Jayp and Ralph to play. Kuya Dexon, I think, is enjoying the game so much. lol.

And yes, I still play table tennis. Can't really leave the family, and the Ramyun meetings. Intramurals is coming, hope they do well. I was penholding lately. I suck, but I am enjoying it. Long pips is still the best!

Good News and Bad News

Let's start with the bad news. I cannot find time to wash my dirty clothes, kept sending them to a laundry shop -- the additional costs! 

I observed that I was procrastinating more and more. 

My law prof is mad at us; I still believe that I have not done something wrong. He did his game and made every quiz and exam very challenging. I barely survived. I feel sorry of what had become of that class. 

My very first phone is already dead, but the good thing is, I have a new one.

Last week, I received a text message from a familiar number. I was asked to go for a meet-up. My day was already completed in that morning when they broke the news that  I was receiving a scholarship. I couldn't contain my happiness. That was really unexpected.

I took the departmental exams for my accounting subjects today. I am proud coz I feel like I did well.


PS. Ok guys, this is what I managed to write. I almost forgot these bits of information, but I tried my best to recall them. There was a time I was thinking of not writing anymore. I got depressed for not being able to complete every stories I started writing in my notebook. Thank God there is Taludturan, and some people who are inspiring me to still continue doing this thing. 

Dani, hope you're reading this. I'm back, finally. Woooh! Cheers.

###







Oops. Forgive me. This is how I looked yesterday.

This is me today.Follow me at IG: uddanthegreat

1 comment:

  1. I just read this Jordi. I love, love, the small details you talked here about. I'm happy to know you're around, tuloy lang natin ito!

    ReplyDelete