Monday, December 31, 2012
Twenty Hundred Twelve Happenings, Realizations, and Aspirations
It is just amazing that this day has come.
2012 started with new hopes and aspirations. We promised to ourselves that we'll do better in our work, in our relationships and in our endeavors. We imagined that it will be a year of prosperity and abundance. Today, we stand with them --all fulfillment and frustrations, all imaginations which materialized, all the hurt and anxiety, all sufficiency and privations, and all joy and sorrow. Bottom line is they reflect who and what we are today. Have we learned from them? Have we been stronger today? Have we been more matured? How far have we gone?
Undauntedly, we hoped that our government will get better. We hoped that the President will continue to fight against corruption. Yes, we indeed have shown our sense of nationalism by lauding our president in his efforts to end the tumultuous years of governance brought by selfish and corrupt officials. There maybe times that we also booed the president because of failures and irresponsibility. Nonetheless, we trusted and hoped for the betterment of our country. Today, we are now growing economically, and this impetus somehow affected our outlook to our country. The Philippines is now labeled a new economic tiger and will soon become a more progressive country if the wind continues to favor us.
It was in January when a number of people were buried alive in a mining landslide in the South. Then, followed by an earthquake which struck the island of Negros, several typhoons flooded places and even ended the lives of many people. The following months, more typhoons stormed the country killing more people. The Filipinos were also shocked by the six-round knockdown of Pacquiao.
But, 2012 was not merely about suffering and downfall. It was also of windfall and success. The peace deal was signed by the government and the largest Muslim rebel group which laid out the status of the Bangsamoro. Many Filipinos also became triumphant in sports. Investors became bullish to the Philippine economy. More buildings and public goods were constructed, and a lot more in the future. The Philippine stock market ended the fiscal year green.
On the contrary, many are unaware of this. Simple citizens were dealing with their lives the same. Many people still choose to go abroad. Many still do crimes, kill people, abuse children and women, extort from anyone else possible. This year, what have the majority of our people become? That, I am not sure.
However, there is new life in New Years. And I hope people will continue to love and grow. I hope that more people will become selfless and would be willing to help especially those who are in dire need. I hope that the people grow and find new life in this coming year. I hope that crimes, corruption, abuses, maladministration, assassinations and ambushes, and greed and irresponsibility be lessened.
The year 2013 is as much as promising as that of 2012.
***
A daisy once young, had grown and bore flowers robustly; She, then, was facing the sun, now faces the ground. Her last flower had fallen -- now, she's empty, dull, and alone. Yet, she will live again on the next season.
Like the daisy, we will live again on the next season.
***
I finally became a sophomore student, and was able to pass Accounting.
I achieved the maximum grade a student could ever have, but also got my lowest grade ever.
I received a lot of blessing this year. I earned friends and companions.
Hate. Assumptions. Jokes. Prattles. Expectations. Insanity. Awesomeness. Insecurities. Challenges. Complacency. Luck. Hunger. Laughter. All constituted a year in school.
I got a few books to read. I learned a lot from them.
Half way in perfecting the art of rushing.
Fixed my laptop and my camera. I still have my old phone. Got no watches. Never invested on technologies yet.
Wrote a lot of stories this year, some poems and essays. Still thinking if I have the literary prowess. I hope I am not just imagining. However, I can write a book that people won't like. Let's see.
Still small, now getting fat but realized to do some core exercises every morning. Handsome in my own way.
Epicurean but do not drink alcohol. Drink a lot of water, instead.
Dreaming.
***
We formed our own conspiracies and business deals. We finished our appointments and were able to raise our capital. We were able to buy our land. We maximized our time and dealt with our investments aggressively. We profited half from our stocks. We found ourselves buying lattes in Starbucks, shopping for clothes in different malls, and even building a house of our own. We got the keys and drove in the freeway. We had the best, and will even have a lot more in the coming year. We went to Bora and enjoyed the rivers of Cagayan de Oro, the charm of the different beaches and resorts in the South. We explored the wonders of Luzon and hopped to different island of Visayas. We planned to tour the world in the next decade. I might stay on different worlds as Rizal did and even learn different tongues. New York. Paris. Australia. ASEAN. India. Oh yes, I am seeing them in my to-dos. We also agreed to create groups that will cater for the street children and the like. We will tell great stories, and we will have fun. We will present them a house which they will never condemn and forget even if they themselves become successful in the long run. On the next decades, we see that we helped create a better Philippines a better world. When these children grow up, they will help others, and these others will teach the next generation. With God, we can do everything.
***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment