Six years ago, when I was still working in Sochi, I had to use the train every day. You buy a token and give that to the girl who has the control to the pass. You drop the token and she pushes a button then you’re good to go.
This was a part of my life down on this wonderful city. It was because of this that I found the woman of my life— a wonderful, yet funny experience I have to tell my sons.
This girl who controls the pass have been watching and observing me secretly. I never cared about it not when I looked back from the train and saw her smiling. From then on, I had this habit of watching her secretly, thinking what could there be with me that she keeps looking at.
I pondered.
One Friday afternoon, I did not expect that I’d be robbed. A tall guy took my bag and pushed me over the rail. My head hit the metal and that’s what I can only remember. I was in a coma after that.
When I woke up from this short coma, my family were there. I can remember the whole scene from left to right. My sister was on my left, smiling. My parent is on the far left; dad is smiling and mom is crying. On my right was my little sister, holding a stuffed toy. I felt shocked about the accident.
But I learned the true story. Someone had to jump into the rail and had me carried to safety— before the train comes and shred me to pieces.
She told me everything. I sat in awe. She was brave! Well, she looked beautiful, but after it, she even looked more beautiful to me.
For three consecutive days, she came to visit me. That was the time I fell in love with her. I would wait for her in the morning, but after some time, she never came back.
After my recovery, I thought I’m still in coma—it’s my heart. I was just so caught I couldn’t erase her into my mind.
So one day, instead of dropping a coin, I dropped a ring. She looked up, shocked, but smiling. I knelt down and asked her if I could ask her a question.
She agreed.
#lit#creativewriting#fiction
<This was earlier posted on my Tumblr>
You're good! Keep up :)
ReplyDeleteI like this :)
ReplyDeleteThank you po. :) I really appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteyou're welcome :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining and linking with Blogs Ng Pinoy! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs! The Top 5 highest rated will be displayed in the BLOGS OF FAME and will be featured weekly in our Facebook page ;)
ReplyDeleteFor site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy
Thank you,
BNP
blogsngpinoy.com