Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Something I will not Regret

It's been a while when I paused and tried to think of what is really happening in my life at the present. I couldn't believe I made it this far. It was just like yesterday when I was playing in the dirt with my manong and manang under the shade of that nymph tree near some aging kuliglig. It was just yesterday when the whole sitio of Cabulalaan has gone crazy searching for two naughty children (my cousin Ericson and I) who wandered in the morning and were found in the middle of the corn field late afternoon; we actually went down the bridge of Karayan Daya and tried to catch fish and frogs, then whips we got!  It was just yesterday when I bade farewell to my friends in Ilocos and began a new life in the promise land Canangan, when I was nearly killed by a raging cow, when I really abhorred being in that class because of receiving a ribbon and not a medal, when I witnessed how mad dad could be, when I reached high school and proved that I can do things I've never done before, when I said and wrote a lot of awful things to my crush nonetheless I liked in the end, when I got emotional by seeing people say their goodbyes. For the past 19 years, I never imagined how colorful life could be. I dreamed and wished. Some happened. Some did not. I just realized that it is what you experience that really makes you wonder about life. I don't know, but I'm starting to realize how perfect life is. Our shortcomings. The ugly day we make. They don't matter because they are the same with our successes. We encounter them and we experience them. So I came to this conclusion: It doesn't matter anymore how I lived and how I will spend the rest of the time, just that I'll make it sure that it will never be something that I will regret.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, Dani! You know, I was so excited writing this reflection. I traveled back in time, and it was a wonderful childhood I guess. I was laughing when I recalled the feeling of being chased by an angry cow, and some other good old memories. I'm pretty sure that you also have and that I will wait for. Oops, your blog is under maintenance. Hope to see you back again soon! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete