Monday, November 5, 2012

Semestral Break Reflection: Bye First Sem, Hello Second!


After being enrolled in the university, I immediately went back home to spend the rest of my vacation in Isabela. I am lucky enough to have at least one more week to rest and be with my family. It took me almost four months to finally have this break, so I will try to maximize and enjoy the break.

I have to say that I learned a lot this sem. Not just about accounting and academic matters but also social matters. I earned some friends and knew more about life. Knowing different walks of life is such a wonderful experience. When I knew that I have the worse problems in the world, I learned that I am still luckier or more fortunate than the others. I learned to give respect  and became more considerate to the people around me. I've heard their own stories—about their painful experiences. Those, I will forever cherish and store in my heart.
I would consider myself lucky because not all people will come in front of you and tell the stories they have. Maybe, they found me trustworthy and a good friend. I told myself that I have to be kind enough and as much as possible be a source of joy too, because I would love to see people enjoying their life even though they are facing the harsh realities of life. I want to see people be happy and optimistic in life. Yes, I want to learn more about life. I want to know more about its mysteries.

So far, I had a great semester. I met my classmates and did not expect to get along with them well. I must say that I am lucky to meet them. One day, we’ll see each other again and share a sit. I just hope so. I wish them all the best. I hope they will find God in the center of their lives and conquer over the challenges and fears they will face in the long run.

Today, I am now looking forward to meeting my new classmates. Some faces would maybe already familiar to me but I am not closing my doors to knowing them more. I hope that this sem will be another fruitful sem, full of happiness and blessings. Adop went his way, and we’ll be missing Mezh a lot because she was listed in another block. Jayp, Kevin, and Ralph will be my classmates again. I just hope we grew already and may we avoid some of our silly schemes back then.

***

Today, I am living my life the fullest. Everything I am giving back to God. His guidance will be my refuge and strength.

[written on October 26, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment