Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lost and Found

I've been worrying so much about these notebooks that I lost last Wednesday during the pre-enrollment. I tried to search but was not able to find them. Just this Friday, in my Law class, my professor suddenly remembered something while we were talking (my sit is just in front of her table). I was wondering what it was (why the sudden), and then she showed me two thin notebooks. I asked her how she found it, and then she told me that a student approached her and asked if she knew the owner. My departmental exam paper where my prof's name was written was with the notebooks, so the student was able to give them to Ma'am Macon.

Thank you, Lord. I thought I would rewrite my notes again.



  
[Wednesday, September 25, 2013] I left the house early in the morning to get myself pre-enrolled for the second semester. The queue was not long yet; I could count the heads easily. Few hours later, the number increased, and the place got noisy. The associate dean unlocked the door, and whispered that the enrollment for our year level would begin in a few hours. Only to found out that the dean already decided that it will start 1 p.m.—five hours to wait!

We're dead. Students couldn't contain their disappointment and gone outraged. I was disgusted with the management, but we couldn't do anything.

Brains started to work! Some students tried to control the crowd. Suggestions were raised regarding the assignment of numbers to students to ease the process, but it was rejected. We waited for the management's decision (wishing they might consider our side) but nothing came. So, we waited until I had to attend a class because I had to do a report. The one-hour discussion was so long. I rushed to the 10th floor. Unfortunately, the pre-enrollment was already cut-off.  

There are several students who were hoping to get inside, but the door was closed already. My friends who were inside the pre-enrollment hall were talking with some authority to allow us to be admitted inside. We lost hope, but no, I was able to open the door and entered secretly. Students who saw me entered as well. Some student assistants saw us (but they could hardly identify us), and asked to voluntary exit ourselves. I was guilty but I chose to remain. I waited for the final decision of the management and was admitted after all.

It was already five when my friends and I were all enrolled.

1 comment: