When I was young, I used to say I did not cheat. Whatever my peers would tell me, I would always say I did not cheat. And even if they had already proven that I did, I would always say that I did not. I did not cheat. I did not cheat.
Cheating has many definitions. You cheat when you lie. You cheat when you say something false to cover or revive yourself or to destroy others’ reputations. You cheat when you copy something specially when without permission. And in any other way you think you are cheating.
I am a first year college student in a university. Cheating is never common to some college students. And if I exaggerate it, some students are already expert at it! Am I already an expert? Yes, I can say that I am good to it since I have been doing it since elementary and yet was never caught. I was never caught during quizzes and examinations.
I was already pissed off so I learned to hate cheating.
I never find contentment with everything I get from it, high scores and of course high grades. I just realized that cheating is never healthy. I am now trying not to cheat anymore.
I think I have to stop it now because when I keep on doing it, I’m afraid that in everything I do, there is cheating. It’s time to cut the line. It’s already the time to change, not tomorrow nor the other day. I am tired of it, sicking tired of it.
With every reflections I tell myself every night, I just realized that I was the loser at the start. I just remembered the quote in the Bible that whatever you plant is what you harvest.
Just think of it. Is it nice to know that people whom you trust for a long time have been just cheating and playing you to get whatever motives they have in mind? Is is good to find out one day that your LOVED ones were never honest? In the end, is cheating good and does it produce lasting peace of mind and good relationships?
“….Whatever you plant is what you’ll harvest.”
Cheating has many definitions. You cheat when you lie. You cheat when you say something false to cover or revive yourself or to destroy others’ reputations. You cheat when you copy something specially when without permission. And in any other way you think you are cheating.
I am a first year college student in a university. Cheating is never common to some college students. And if I exaggerate it, some students are already expert at it! Am I already an expert? Yes, I can say that I am good to it since I have been doing it since elementary and yet was never caught. I was never caught during quizzes and examinations.
I was already pissed off so I learned to hate cheating.
I never find contentment with everything I get from it, high scores and of course high grades. I just realized that cheating is never healthy. I am now trying not to cheat anymore.
I think I have to stop it now because when I keep on doing it, I’m afraid that in everything I do, there is cheating. It’s time to cut the line. It’s already the time to change, not tomorrow nor the other day. I am tired of it, sicking tired of it.
With every reflections I tell myself every night, I just realized that I was the loser at the start. I just remembered the quote in the Bible that whatever you plant is what you harvest.
Just think of it. Is it nice to know that people whom you trust for a long time have been just cheating and playing you to get whatever motives they have in mind? Is is good to find out one day that your LOVED ones were never honest? In the end, is cheating good and does it produce lasting peace of mind and good relationships?
“….Whatever you plant is what you’ll harvest.”
***
This article was also published in Definitely Filipino Blog Network:
No comments:
Post a Comment