
June was just an
ordinary start of classes. There was this same prayer of having the job well done.
Nervousness was hidden on
everyone's eyes. Fingers crossed, students prayed that the most terror would
not enter their class and the kindest would instead. It was not an assurance
though, that the best is of the kindest, and the worst equates to the terror. A week later, some were relieved and some were already stressed. Some did not get
the challenge while some boasted, "Bring it on!"
I could feel the
intensity of every exam we took. All are serious; It's like a matter of life
and death. But not everyone who comes in front and gets his yellow paper showed
victory. Some undeniably accepted a lost battle. I, for example, lost my first
battle, too. Bloody red, I took my revenge and wielded my sword better than
that of my first and drew first blood. Prelims was not a joke.
Midterms. Lessons
just got harder. I focused on 302 and forgot the other. No wonder of getting a
70 in my 202. What a heartbreaker. On the other hand, getting 8/10 in the
deptals of my 302 somehow balanced it off. I learned my lessons. Maybe. I was
so happy yet disappointed of myself because I know I could have done better.
Finals was a huge
wave. Projects, reports, and some other works were given so we need to at least
feel like "surperhumans." We felt some relief when the departmental
exams for both law and accounting classes were finished. We prepared for the Final
exams; we prepared for the semestral break. But before the sem concluded,
typhoon Santi came on the Philippines. So exams were suspended—another drama happened.
A poem from
Contemporary Glasses rather summarizes the sem experience
It was five months…
Understanding the contents of a red book
Dealing with mockeries thrown to a mall
Keeping me updated of environmental problems
It was five months…
Solving R(x), C(x) and P(x)
Getting the derivatives of functions
Doing well with numbers and letters
It was five months…
Knowing an obligation and a contract
Winning the game of requisites
Listening to Desiderata
It was five months…
Knowing how to manage production
Mapping facilities layouts
Discussing a lesson projected in a white screen
It was five months…
Completing a research
Creating a usable system
Managing to boost an initial 7
It was five months…
Accounting for a home office and its branches
Dealing with business combinations
Knowing foreign exchange transactions
It was five months…
Learning property, plant and equipment
Understanding liabilities
Accounting for equity
It was five months…
And all was well yesterday night…
Thanks bro for
letting me use your poem. Este salamat kahit ko hindi na `pinagpaalam pa.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment