Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Flea Who Doubted The Existence Of The Dog

This poem was written by my friend, Jep Nonat, who used to question the existence of God before. This poem is so powerful because it was written from the author's heart and joy for finding God in his life. God moves in a very passionate way, we should only open our doors so that God will reveal Himself to us.


People are living with what they accept as "correct" and "true."
That’s how we define reality through and through.
But what does it mean to be correct and true?
Simply vague concepts generating manipulated hue.


Our reality may all be just an illusion,
Leading us all to absurd and wrong conclusions.
Can we consider this as living in our own world,
Shaped by our own subjective beliefs and words?


A question emerged that bothered me in the past,
And baffled my mind consequently like a blast.
"Does He really exist, from the beginning of time?
Is there really a Creator, that controls every created chime?"


I looked for answers, I searched for the truth.
But I was lost forever in this hopeless route.
I was losing my light in an endless dark.
Then an idea struck me in this unknown arc.


What proof am I searching for?
What evidence am I looking for?
I was so foolish and deeply imprudent.
Everything could’ve never been an accident.


The planet is rotating on its own axis,
And revolving around the sun for this.
The seas and the oceans expand,
As the land and the mountains respond.


Animals and plants coexist with us,
Showing us the very way of life thus.
The day and night is there to balance,
While every organism here is to dance.


Every single cell in our body,
Moves with rhythm and harmony.
And these outstanding bodies of ours,
Heal themselves from wounds after hours.


We can think, we can feel.
Everything is real.
He is the Creator that made my soul.
These gifts are incomparable and whole.


I am still new to this long and painful course of life,
Watching people face unimaginable degree of strife.
But I could see that they still smile and stand.
Are these not enough for me to understand?


I was blinded by curiosity,
Killing my own sense of reality.
But I have long since opened my eyes.
Forgive me for not being wise.


I continue to live with this burden,
A retribution I must pay then.
Like a cross on my shoulders,
Tattooed with an eternal verse.


But then I shall head on right,
‘cause I already regained my light.
And I think I can now smile,
Something I haven't done for a while.


I will never be lost again.
For I am now sure, I am now certain.
He always lives here in my heart.
Something I have failed to perceive from the start.


Yet I know deep inside my heart,
My faith shall never fall apart.
I will now leave my doubts behind,
And let everything be healed by time.

No comments:

Post a Comment