Saturday, May 26, 2012

God's Planned Generation

This is it. I thank God for giving me a chance to be a part of the Leadership Camp held here in our barrio. I know this is the way God has planned my life, to serve Him, and I know, this is an answer to my prayer. It was amazing, and I will continue to do this ministry. Big or small things, they are all for the glory of God.

I was excited while preparing some of the things that will be used in the camp-posters, IDs, and some stuff. Roaming around the city to buy these things, I found it somehow rigorous! I nearly fell into the temptation of the enemy. I even asked myself, "Why am I doing this?" I know this is for the growth of the Church but why I am like this. I was so selfish that day. I did things just to comply with my pastor's commands.

May 24, Thursday

The camp was already opened, and so, the registration. The team were all excited waiting for the delegates from all the corners of the whole Northeastern Isabela district. It was already 1 in the afternoon when some of the delegates arrived, and they were only three! I was saddened, like I didn't want the camp to resume anymore. It was tough, very, very tough. My feeling was consuming me. I asked Sis Jhen if the information about the camp was really disseminated well. The atmosphere is really not good. There, discouragement arrived.

Ate Jhen asked our dear Overseer pastor if the camp will still resume. He said yes. God has His plans but we were really discouraged, and forgot to ask His help. It was a challenge but we already gave up. If only pastor told us not to continue it anymore, we might have wasted the effort of all. I am so sorry for being weak Lord.

But I thank God for his touch. We still continued the activities designed for that day. The lectures were done.

The night came. More and more delegates arrived. Poor am I that didn't see what God planned for the night. Nevertheless, God is merciful. 

Pastor Robinson was the speaker, I enjoyed the lecture. Here are some verses that he shared:
  • For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11);
  • Do what your parents tell you. This is only right. ‘Honor your father and mother’ is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely, ‘so you will live well and have a long life (Ephesians 6:1-3);
  • Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.(Joshua 1:8).
 May 25, Friday (Last day)

The day was started just right! We were taught about Bible Study, knowing the background and writer of the books, why they were written, and to whom they were written, using concordance, etc. It was enjoyable!

Recreation Time!

The activities were really challenging. They focused on building leadership in us. The most challenging was when we were tasked to walk around the whole barrio for three times. It reminded me the time Moses lead the Israelites from Egypt to the promise land. It was really tough, and I didn't even finish it. I only did it once. Nonetheless, I learned a lot- when we are put into the test, we should finish the thing God is asking us to do. I just thought of the word OBEDIENCE.

The second challenge was something about pride and obedience. We were divided into three groups and blindfolded. After that, the facilitators gave us something to eat. Guess what! They gave us garlic and onion! I ate the onion easily, but the real challenge came when I had to eat the garlic already. The onion and the garlic symbolize pride and eating them all test our obedience.

Last Night
All enjoyed the camp. I am sure of that, though we were discouraged on the first day, we concluded the event happily and blessed. We gathered inside the church and continued to praise God. The movement of the holy spirit was amazing, overflowing, and burning.

Reflection

Satan has tempted us indeed, or should I say, God has challenged us once more. We were about to give up but God never left us. I learned that I should trust God and not lean on my own decisions. I learned that discouragements are just spices in achieving an ultimate goal and that God has the best plans. Now, I should be stronger and more faithful. I thank God for testing me to know who I really am and how far have I gone as a Christian. I wish that this camp will be held again some time, and I'd be willing to be used again by God.


1 comment:

  1. Nice article. God has his plans on us, we only need to trust and obey.

    ReplyDelete